CAUTION: THESE NOTES CONTAIN SPOILERS!!!
You are having a busy day in the department when you are paged overhead to the resuscitation bay for an ill appearing patient with a headache…
- Temp 98.9
- HR 99
- RR 18
- BP 180/110
- O2 94%
- Verbalize a Full Neurologic Examination
- Obtain CT Scan Without Contrast
- Consult Neurosurgery for Subarachnoid Hemorrhage
- Reverse Warfarin Coagulopathy
- Administer Antihypertensives
Acute Subarachnoid Hemorrhage on Anticoagulation
Tips and Tricks
Always ask the patient if they have allergies prior to administering ANYTHING.