Podcast: Play in new window | Download
What is most important to programs from ERAS? SLOEs, clinical grades on EM rotations and residency interviews.
How do you look good on interviews? Have a thorough ERAS application that gives interviewers lots to ask about!
On ERAS, there are four sections in the curriculum vitae portion:
- Education – honorary societies, medical school awards, other awards/accomplishments (e.g. college, volunteer, previous career awards)
- Experiences –
- Work (paid, unpaid clinical or teaching)
- Volunteer (public service, leadership, clubs and organizations)
- Research (labs, projects)
- Licensure – only if previous medical career, legal history
- Publications – papers, presentations, online publications
Don’t forget to add some personality to your application with the hobbies section!