Podcast: Play in new window | Download
CAUTION: THESE NOTES CONTAIN SPOILERS!!!
You are working a shift at EM Clerkshift General when the next chart is handed to you – a four year old male named Tommy with chief complaint of dehydration.
- Temp 100.4F
- HR 132
- RR 22
- BP 98/64
- O2 98%
- Identify key historical findings (fever >= 5 days)
- Identify abnormal physical exam findings (Conjunctivitis, Rash, Adenopathy, Strawberry Tongue)
- Diagnose Kawasaki Disease Clinically
- Administer Aspirin
- Administer IVIG
Tips and Tricks
- Remember the CRASH & BURN mnemonic
- Always have a high index of suspicion for this diagnosis
- Remember the diagnosis is CLINICAL!